Thursday 31 December 2015

New Year's Eve. New Life's Eve

The job that I have just left had a three month notice period and the first few weeks dragged but the last month and a half was an absolute whirlwind of trying to get everything sorted and handed over.

I have finally made it to my final day of work with my current employer.  There is much that I will miss about working there and the waste management industry as a whole.  As with any job, there are bits and pieces that I really won't miss but there is no point in dwelling on them.

Two weeks after I started a young lady called Emma started in the team that I was leading.  Now, I have much to be proud of with this job; we created new recycling systems, helped to build a recycling facility, worked really hard with Local Authorities across the UK...

But the thing that I am most proud of is how much Em has developed over the last 8.5 years.  She has been a great colleague and will always try to find the positive in any situation.  The below picture pretty much sums this up. We had been counting bins and stripping off old stickers in the rain and were absolutely soaked - but happy!





And so, here I am on the eve of 2016 and tomorrow I am self employed.   I am sad to leave my old team but excited for the future.  There is no part of me that thinks I have made the wrong decision.

I am going to relax during the weekend and be ready to tackle the first day of being self employed exactly as I mean to go on - with guts and utter determination to succeed.


2 comments:

  1. I have been reading your posts with admiration. It takes a lot of guts to follow your dream (and a lot of planning and determination to make it work). The step in to self employment is huge and daunting, but will be so rewarding after years of working for other people.

    I'm looking forward to following your exciting journey in the wool world. Please keep us up to date with your knitting antics (and fun pictures).

    Here's to making your own destiny! Wishing you all the best,

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support and lovely comments Jenny! I hope to blog fairly regularly so that I can look back and remember all the steps that I took to set the business up.

    Fay

    ReplyDelete